You were excited by all the new features and downloaded iOS 15 beta to your iPhone. You want to downgrade iOS 15 beta to iOS 14, but you find a number of bugs and unexpected issues that are making your life difficult. There is an easy way to go back to iOS 14 and downgrade from iOS 15. This is what I will show you in this post.
How to downgrade from iOS 15 Beta to iOS 14 (2021)
It can be tedious to downgrade from an iOS beta update to an older iOS version. It also has some unpleasant caveats you should be aware of before proceeding with the process. This process is also applicable if you wish to downgrade from iPadOS 15. beta to iPadOS 14. Let’s now look at the steps.
Things to Consider Before You Downgrade iOS Beta Software Update
- You will not be allowed to use your Apple Watch with an iPhone running iOS 15 beta if you have installed watchOS 8 beta on it.
- When you go back to iOS 14, you can’t restore from an iOS 15 backup.
- Only an iOS 14 backup will be available for restoration. Before installing iOS 15, make sure you have a backup of your device.
- You will need to delete all data when you downgrade from iOS 15. Backup all your data before you downgrade to iOS 15.
Set your iPhone in Recovery Mode
Unfortunately, there is no way to return to an older iOS version after the beta software update. To delete the iOS 15 beta profile and to downgrade to the most recent stable version, we’ll need to use Recovery Mode. Follow these steps:
- First, turn off your iPhone.
- iPhone and iPad with no home button: Hold the Side button and the volume buttons until Slide to Turn Off appears. To shut down your device, move your finger across it.
- iPhone or iPad with the home button. Hold down the Side/Top key until Slide to Turn Off appears. To turn your device off, drag your finger across it.
- Connect your iOS device to the computer with a cable.
- The next step is to go into the recovery mode.
- iPhone 8 and later: Release the volume up button quickly. Release the volume down button by pressing and holding it down quickly. Hold down the Side button to display the recovery mode screen.
- iPad without a home button: Release the Volume Down button quickly. Hold the Top button down until your device restarts. Keep pressing the Top button until the device enters recovery mode.
- iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus: Hold the volume down and side buttons simultaneously. Continue holding the buttons down until the recovery mode screen appears.
- iPad with Home button: Press both the Home, and Top buttons simultaneously. Hold the buttons down until you reach the recovery mode screen.
You can downgrade your iPhone from iOS 15 beta version to iOS 14
If iTunes or Finder doesn’t open automatically, you can manually open them. iTunes will ask you what to do once it has detected your device in Recovery Mode.
- Click on the “Restore” button in the popup window.
2. To confirm your action, click “Restore and Update”.
3. Next, click on “Next” to start the iOS 14 Software Updater. Click on “Agree”, to agree to the Terms and Conditions and then download iOS 14.
Notification: If your iPhone/iPad reboots to iOS 14 after the download is complete, , make sure to repeat the steps above and put it back into Recovery Mode.
Your iOS 14 Backup can be restored to your iPhone
Your device will now be running iOS 14 stable after it has been fully restored. You can restore your data from a backup to get it back.
- Click on “Restore Backup” in iTunes or Finder.
5. Next, choose the backup file you created before installing iOS 15 beta software. Your iPhone will be restored to the state it was in before installing the iOS beta software update.
Downgrade iOS 15 Beta to iOS 14
That’s all! You have now successfully downgraded your iPhone to iOS 14 beta. Although I wish there was an easier way to upgrade or downgrade the software, there isn’t one. Don’t forget to make use of this opportunity to get rid of the pre-release iOS version and return to the stable version. Do you have any questions or feedback?
Thanks for visiting here.
Note: To Access Unlimited Disposable Temporary Emails, Click here.