The Samsung Galaxy S22 Extremely and the iPhone 13 Professional Max are two of probably the most hyped flagship telephones of current occasions. Each gadgets pack probably the most bleeding-edge tech, from highly effective processors to high-res cameras, and all the things in between.
For those who’re struggling to determine which one to purchase—the Galaxy S22 Extremely or the iPhone 13 Professional Max, this comparability will assist you to get a greater concept of which system is the precise choose for you.
Dimensions and Construct High quality
- Samsung Galaxy S22 Extremely: 163.3 x 77.9 x 8.9 mm; 228g; IP68 mud and waterproof
- iPhone 13 Professional Max: 160.8 x 78.1 x 7.65 mm; 240 grams; IP68 mud and waterproof
Each gadgets have a robust construct, really feel premium, and include an IP68 score for water and dirt resistance. Whereas the iPhone 13 Professional Max makes use of a stainless-steel body, the Galaxy S22 Extremely makes use of an aluminum body.
You would possibly discover the iPhone 13 Professional Max extra comfy to carry in hand as a result of its rounded edges in comparison with the S22 Extremely with its squared edges. The previous continues to be lugging its Lightning connector whereas the latter has a USB-C 3.2 port. Each gadgets are 5G-enabled.
- Samsung Galaxy S22 Extremely: 108MP f/1.8 major, OIS and PDAF; 12MP f/2.2 ultra-wide (120-degree FoV); 10MP f/2.4 3x optical zoom sensor with OIS; 10MP f/4.9 10x optical zoom with OIS; 100x digital zoom; Entrance: 40MP f/2.2, PDAF
- iPhone 13 Professional Max: 12MP f/1.5 major, dual-pixel PDAF, sensor-shift stabilization; 12MP f/2.8 telephoto lens, 3x digital zoom, OIS; 12MP ultrawide digital camera with f/1.8 aperture (120-degree FoV), macro pictures; Entrance: 12MP f/2.2 digital camera
The Galaxy S22 Extremely digital camera is enjoyable to make use of with its a great deal of filters, and it shoots brilliant, colourful, and sharp images at the price of trying a bit too processed generally. The improved edge detection makes portrait photographs a lot cleaner.
The bigger pixel measurement additionally takes in additional picture knowledge for higher low-light pictures. It is also unbeatable when it comes to zoom photographs, astrophotography, and stabilization.
The iPhone 13 Professional Max is dependable, constant, and has a greater likelihood of supplying you with usable outcomes with out having to take a number of photographs of the identical scene. It is also clearly the higher selection for taking movies, on each the rear and the entrance. It tilts to a extra pure look with hotter tones at the price of seeming a bit boring at occasions and requiring additional modifying.
For those who’re keen to disregard occasional misfires, the Galaxy S22 Extremely has the higher general digital camera system. However when you want assurance that no matter you seize will likely be good (if not glorious), the iPhone 13 Professional Max is a more sensible choice.
- Samsung Galaxy S22 Extremely: Snapdragon 8 Gen 1/Exynos 2200; 4nm fab; Adreno 730/AMD Xclipse 920
- iPhone 13 Professional Max: A15 Bionic; 5nm fab; new 16-core Neural engine; 5-core GPU
The Samsung Galaxy S22 Extremely is considerably extra highly effective than its predecessor with its new 4nm Snapdragon 8 Gen 1/Exynos 2200 chipsets (totally different international locations get totally different processors). Nonetheless, it does not overpower Apple’s older 5nm A15 Bionic chip.
Each gadgets are glorious selections for heavy gaming; the S22 Extremely has the Qualcomm Adreno 730/AMD Xclipse 920 GPU whereas the iPhone 13 Professional Max comes with its 5-core GPU. The previous has extra uncooked energy than final time, however the latter nonetheless takes the cake with its higher effectivity and RAM administration.
The 2 gadgets present inconsistent outcomes on benchmarks however in real-world use, they’re strikingly comparable; you possibly can’t go flawed with any of the 2. That mentioned, the iPhone 13 Professional Max continues to be the extra dependable choice as a result of its sustained efficiency and higher warmth administration.
- Samsung Galaxy S22 Extremely: 6.8-inch Dynamic AMOLED 2x; 1440 x 3080 decision; 500 PPI; 1750 nits peak brightness; 120Hz dynamic refresh charge with LTPO 2.0; HDR10+; Gorilla Glass Victus+; All the time-on Show
- iPhone 13 Professional Max: 6.7-inch Tremendous Retina XDR OLED show; 2778 x 1284 decision; 458 PPI; 1200 nits peak brightness; HDR 10; Ceramic Defend safety; 120Hz ProMotion; True Tone show
The Galaxy S22 Extremely has the brightest show on any smartphone but, clocking a peak brightness stage of 1750 nits making it unbeatable for outside use. The iPhone 13 Professional Max, though lots brilliant, is proscribed to 1200 nits. Media consumption suffers much less intrusion on the previous due to its punch-hole entrance digital camera design in comparison with the latter’s notch.
Each gadgets function a QHD OLED panel with a dynamic 120Hz refresh charge. The iPhone 13 Professional Max can dial down its refresh charge from 120Hz to 10Hz whenever you’re taking a look at one thing static, however the S22 Extremely can drop all of it the way in which to 1Hz with its superior LTPO 2.0 show.
RAM and Storage
- Samsung Galaxy S22 Extremely: 8/12GB RAM; 128GB/256GB/512GB/1TB storage
- iPhone 13 Professional Max: 6GB RAM; 128GB/256GB/512GB/1TB storage
The Galaxy S22 Extremely comes with 8GB RAM on the bottom variant and might go all the way in which as much as 12GB whereas the iPhone 13 Professional Max is capped at 6GB RAM. Nonetheless, regardless of this on-paper distinction, the multitasking functionality on the 2 gadgets is comparable.
For those who’re evaluating the iPhone 13 Professional Max with the bottom mannequin of the S22 Extremely with 8GB RAM, then the previous pulls barely forward given the software program’s higher RAM administration. In different phrases, the iPhone can do extra with much less. Nonetheless, when you evaluate it with the 12GB RAM variant of the S22 Extremely, then the latter wins by a small however noticeable margin.
- Samsung Galaxy S22 Extremely: 5000mAh battery; 45W quick wired charging; 15W wi-fi charging; 4.5W reverse wi-fi charging
- iPhone 13 Professional Max: 4352mAh battery; 15W MagSafe wi-fi charging assist; 7.5W with Qi wi-fi chargers; 50% cost in 35 minutes with 20W wired adapter
Each the Galaxy S22 Extremely and the iPhone 13 Professional Max ship a good battery life with the previous rocking a 5000mAh cell whereas the latter has a smaller 4352mAh cell. Nonetheless, battery exams present that the latter nonetheless simply outperforms the previous given its extremely environment friendly chip that consumes much less energy in day-to-day duties.
For those who’re an informal consumer, you can anticipate the iPhone 13 Professional Max to final you two full days of use.
That mentioned, the Galaxy S22 Extremely prices sooner due to its 45W quick wired charging assist whereas the iPhone 13 Professional Max is capped at an unofficial 27W charging assist. Additionally, the latter solely helps reverse wi-fi charging for Apple’s MagSafe Battery Pack however cannot cost AirPods or Apple Watch. The S22 Extremely can cost Galaxy Buds and the Galaxy Watch.
- Samsung Galaxy S22 Extremely: begins from $1,199
- iPhone 13 Professional Max: begins from $1,099
The Galaxy S22 Extremely begins at $1,199 for the bottom variant and goes as much as $1,599 in order for you the maxed-out variant with 12GB RAM and 1TB storage. The iPhone 13 Professional Max begins at $1,099 for the bottom variant and goes as much as $1,599 as nicely for the 1TB storage variant. Each Samsung and Apple present a trade-in supply so you will get your new system for cheaper.
Galaxy S22 Extremely vs. iPhone 13 Professional Max
Each the Galaxy S22 Extremely and the iPhone 13 Professional Max are two of probably the most highly effective gadgets you should purchase. From the appear and feel to the real-world efficiency, there’s so much to think about earlier than making the choice.
For those who’re somebody who’s already locked into the Apple ecosystem, the iPhone 13 Professional Max is a no brainer. Nonetheless, when you’re trying to get out of it, the S22 Extremely is an efficient place to start out, particularly since Samsung now provides 4 years of main Android updates. Regardless of which system you choose, you possibly can’t go flawed with both of them.
The Galaxy S22 Extremely is filled with superb options. However that does not imply it is the precise system for you. This is why you would possibly determine to not purchase it.
About The Writer