Make your iPhone more dynamic by using a moving Live Photo as the wallpaper for your Home Screen, Lock Screen, or both.
Tired of the same old wallpaper? Switch things up by setting up a Live Photo as the wallpaper on your iPhone screen. Live Photos are the perfect way to go back and relive a moment, as the pictures are actually three-second video recordings.
Read on to learn how you can take a Live Photo, set it as a wallpaper, and convert videos and still pictures into live photographs for other Live Wallpapers.
How to Set a Live Wallpaper on iPhone
You can choose from any of the iPhone’s default Live Photos or pick ones from your own photo album. Follow these steps to set a Live Photo as a wallpaper on your iPhone:
- Open Settings and go to Wallpaper.
- Tap on Choose a New Wallpaper.
- If you want to choose from one of the iPhone’s pre-existing live wallpapers, tap Live from the three albums at the top.
- If you want to use your own Live Photo, scroll down and select the album named Live Photos.
- Choose the photograph you want and press Set. You can choose to set it for your Lock Screen, Home Screen, or both.
This live photos album will not be present if you have not taken any Live Photos on your device. Read on to find out how you can take Live Photos on your iPhone.
How to Take a Live Photo
When you choose to take a Live Photo from your iPhone’s camera, your iPhone will record what happens for 1.5 seconds before and after you take the picture, making the three-second-long Live Photo. The process is almost the same as taking a typical picture. Here’s how you can take your own live photo on your iPhone:
- Open the Camera app.
- Tap on Photo to make sure your camera is on Photo Mode.
- In the top-right corner, you will see an icon with concentric circles and a diagonal slash on it. Tap on it. You will notice that the icon has turned yellow and a popup saying Live appears on the top of your screen for a few seconds. This means that Live Photo mode is now turned on.
Now you can go about taking pictures exactly as you normally would. If you want to view the Live Photo you have taken, all you have to do is open the picture and press and hold it to see the whole three seconds. You can even edit your live photos and add fun effects like loop or bounce by tapping Live in the top left corner of a live photo.
Can You Convert a Still Photo or Video to a Live Photo
There’s no direct way to do this as of iOS 15, but there are third-party apps that let you convert videos to Live Photos in case you want to use a video as a Live Wallpaper.
Apps like intoLive and TurnLive let you convert still photos and videos into live ones. There’s a range of great apps on the App Store that get the job done pretty efficiently. With these apps, you can even convert a GIF into a Live Photo for a wallpaper. What better than your favorite meme on your Lock Screen, right?
Live in the Moment With Live Wallpapers on Your iPhone
With just a few quick steps, you can set up an aesthetic live photo as your iPhone’s wallpaper. The settings app lets you choose fantastic wallpapers from your device’s pre-existing collection or from an automatically created Live Photo album on your device.
If you don’t have any Live Photos yet, don’t worry. Open the Camera app, enable the feature, and tap on the shutter to take as many as you want. Third-party apps even let you convert videos, GIFs and still photos into Live Photos to be used as wallpapers.
While you may not think it, there are several ways to shoot long exposure photos with an iPhone.
About The Author