If you happen to frequently use extensions and wish fast entry to your regulars, it could be sensible to arrange a keyboard shortcut. This is methods to in any browser.
From URL shorteners to crypto wallets, there are many browser extensions that we use each day. However is there a fast strategy to entry them if you wish to keep away from cluttering your browser’s toolbar?
As an alternative of opening the extensions menu each time, we’ll stroll you thru the method of establishing a keyboard shortcut in your extensions in Chrome, Firefox, Edge, and Courageous.
The way to Set a Keyboard Shortcut for a Chrome Extension
We’ll begin this information by displaying methods to open a browser extension with a keyboard shortcut in Google Chrome, since this is among the hottest browsers. Luckily, there’s no want to put in a third-party app to set a keyboard shortcut, since you are able to do it with the browser’s built-in function.
Comply with these steps to set keyboard shortcuts in your extensions:
- Click on the three-dot menu from the browser’s top-right nook.
- From the Extra instruments record, open Extensions.
- Click on the three-line menu from the top-left nook.
- Choose Keyboard shortcuts.
- Click on the Edit icon under the extensions.
- Enter the keys mixture that can open the extension within the Sort a shortcut discipline. Consider, the important thing mixture ought to embody the Ctrl or Alt key.
If in case you have put in the identical extensions on a number of browsers, we advocate setting the identical keyboard shortcut.
The way to Set a Keyboard Shortcut for a Firefox Extension
If you happen to’ve lately made the swap to Mozilla Firefox, and also you’re on the lookout for a strategy to customise your shopping expertise, establishing a keyboard shortcut in your Firefox extensions is an effective place to start out.
Comply with these steps to handle your extensions’ keyboard shortcuts:
- Navigate to about:preferences.
- From the left-hand menu, open Extensions & Themes.
- Click on the Settings icon from the highest of the web page and choose Handle Extension Shortcut.
- Enter a shortcut containing the Ctrl or Alt key.
Observe: When setting a brand new keyboard shortcut, Firefox will inform you if the shortcut is already in use by one other browser extension.
The way to Set a Keyboard Shortcut for an Edge Extension
If you happen to’ve upgraded to Home windows 11, you may wish to set Edge as your default browser. Microsoft Edge has positively caught up within the browsers competitors, so there’s no shock you possibly can set keyboard shortcuts to set off the browser extensions.
- From the browser’s toolbar, click on the Extensions icon and choose Handle extension.
- Click on Keyboard shortcuts.
- Use the Sort a shortcut discipline subsequent to every extension to set a brand new keyboard shortcut.
- To take away a shortcut, simply click on X.
Observe: If you happen to set the identical keyboard mixture for a couple of extension, Edge won’t inform you an identical mixture is already in use by a distinct extension.
The way to Set a Keyboard Shortcut for a Courageous Extension
Courageous is greater than only a privacy-focused browser, because it comes with the Courageous Rewards system and video name function. Nevertheless, Courageous builders did not overlook the customizing choices, so you possibly can set a keyboard shortcut for a Courageous extension as effectively.
- Navigate to courageous://settings.
- From the left pane menu, choose Extensions.
- Scroll down and click on Keyboard shortcuts.
- Click on the Edit icon and enter the keyboard mixture containing the Ctrl or Alt key.
Observe: Just a few extensions, akin to MetaMask, might need a keyboard shortcut set by default. However, you possibly can simply edit it as proven above.
Entry Extensions Simply on Your Favourite Browser
Now you understand how to set a keyboard shortcut for extensions in your favourite browser. Nevertheless, there are extra ideas and methods you need to use to make shopping extra environment friendly.
Additionally, this could be an excellent event to try your put in extensions or add-ons and take away those who you now not want or are unsafe.
Are Browser Extensions Actually Protected?
About The Writer