The world of gaming has been set ablaze with a new craze- Mechanical keyboards. Yes, you guessed it the “old” membrane keyboards are out and mechanical keyboards are in. These new keyboards use an internal mechanism that registers each key stroke before it is pressed.
It prevents missed keys as well as typos. Mechanical Keyboards also allow for different types of keys such as rubber domes, scissor switches and mechanical switches to give a more personalized feel to the keyboard. There are many advantages to using this type of keyboard that players of all levels can enjoy.
Best Mechanical Keyboards For Gaming On Amazon USA
If you are a gamer or someone that does a lot of typing, then you need to be able to have a reliable keyboard. You want something that is going to be durable and easy for you to use. The following is a list of the top five keyboards for gaming:
1 – Logitech G910 Orion Spectrum
The Logitech G910 Orion Spectrum is a high-performance gaming keyboard that delivers everything you need to win, including bright RGB lighting, Romer-G mechanical switches, and advanced features like Logitech Gaming Software.
It’s built with premium materials and finishes to complement your passion for gaming, while the advanced Romer-G mechanical key switches give you ultra-fast reactivity, near-instantaneous actuation, and smooth linear key response for fast double and triple taps without the audible click.
Customize backlighting colors across more than 16 million options to match your setup, character, or environment. Plus, the G910 features a removable palm rest for added comfort during marathon gaming sessions.
- it has an advanced Romer-G mechanical key switches that are pro player engineered and designed.
- It has a removable palm rest for comfort.
- It is compatible with Windows, Mac OSX, and Linux.
- It is very expensive.
2 – Corsair Gaming K70 RGB Mechanical Keyboard – Cherry MX Red
The Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 mechanical gaming keyboard is the successor to the award-winning original K70 RGB and features per-key 16.8 million color backlighting for virtually unlimited customization. It has 100% Cherry MX RGB key switches, a dedicated volume roller, USB pass-through, and textured FPS/MOBA keys.
The aircraft-grade anodized brushed aluminum frame ensures durability while remaining lightweight during long gaming sessions. The detachable soft rubber wrist rest helps you play for hours and the 18 G-keys with default programming allow you to customize your most-used commands.
- Reasonable price
- High quality switches
- USB Pass-through
- Textured FPS/MOBA keys
- Aircraft grade anodized brushed aluminum frame for durability while remaining lightweight during long gaming sessions
- Dedicated Volume Roller
- No media keys
3 – Logitech Gaming Keyboard G710+ (Programmable)
The Logitech G710+ was designed for gamers who want a high-performance gaming keyboard that doesn’t break the bank. The G710+ features Logitech’s exclusive Romer-G mechanical key switches, which provide 25 percent faster actuation than standard mechanical switches.
It has six programmable G-keys and an easy-to-use software interface for on-the-fly macro recording. Plus, you can customize individual key backlighting in nearly unlimited colors to highlight specific keys or match your setup.
- Romer-G mechanical key switches, which provide 25 percent faster actuation than standard mechanical keys.
- The G710+ features six programmable G-keys and an easy-to-use software interface for on-the-fly macro recording.
- You can customize individual key backlighting in nearly unlimited colors to highlight specific keys or match your setup.
- Software suite is Windows only
- No dedicated media controls
- The price point is a little high when compared with other similar keyboards on the market
4 – Logitech G413 Backlit Mechanical Gaming Keyboard with USB Passthrough – Carbon
The Logitech G413 Carbon Backlit Mechanical Gaming Keyboard features Logitech G’s exclusive Romer-G™ mechanical switches. With an actuation point 25% faster than the leading competitor, it has the responsiveness you need for perfectly executing double and triple taps.
It also has a long-lasting key cap design that prevents fading over time. This Logitech keyboard is made of high-quality materials that are built to withstand heavy use so you can keep using this gaming keyboard for years to come.
- Romer-G switches, USB passthrough,
- Soft-touch coating
- Durable detachable cable.
- No wrist rest.
- Editor’s Choice designation is a misnomer
5 – Das Keyboard 4 Professional for Mac (Cherry MX Brown, Quiet-Key Design)
The Das Keyboard 4 Professional for Mac (Cherry MX Brown, Quiet-Key Design) is a mechanical keyboard that has been designed to deliver an outstanding professional typing experience.
It features a two-port USB 3.0 hub and dedicated media controls to provide you with more convenience. The Das Keyboard 4 Professional for Mac (Cherry MX Brown, Quiet-Key Design) also sports an extra long USB cable that provides you with the freedom of movement and flexibility that you need while working on your computer.
- The mechanical switches are really quiet and pleasant to press.
- Media controls work without any need for drivers, even on the Mac OS X.
- An extra long USB cable allows for a variety of setups and positions.
- The keyboard is sturdy and the build quality is superb.
- The keys are not too loud, ideal for office conditions.
- Gorgeous minimalistic design with two-tone matte finish, available in three colors (black, silver and gunmetal).
- Non standard keys.
- Dedicated media controls are not backlit.
These are five of the best keyboards that can help you a lot when it comes to gaming. If you happen to have any of these, then there is a good chance that you are able to play your game better than before because the keyboard allows for an easier and more precise way of playing. If you are looking to get into gaming, then definitely look out for one of these keyboards.