Have to discover a program’s location in Home windows? Thankfully, it is very easy to do when you find out how.
While you’re putting in a brand new program, typically you do not take note of the place it is really going. Whereas this isn’t often an enormous deal, you typically have to know the set up folder or path of a program in your Home windows PC. Searching by dozens of folders isn’t best, so that you want a extra sensible technique that rapidly will get you to the basis listing of a program.
This system’s set up listing is usually positioned someplace throughout the Program Recordsdata folder in your system, however finding the proper folder will be time taking. Learn on as we checklist the alternative ways you need to use to search out the set up location of a program on Home windows.
One of many best strategies of discovering the set up location of a program is thru the Begin menu. Right here’s what you might want to do:
- Launch the Begin menu and find this system’s icon whose set up location you might want to discover. If you happen to don’t instantly see it, you may need to seek for this system.
- Proper-click on this system icon, and click on on Open file location.
- Within the folder that opens, right-click the required program’s icon and click on on Open file location one ultimate time.
- You must now be within the set up folder of this system.
2. Discover the Set up Folder of a Program Utilizing Its Desktop Shortcuts
One other fast option to discover the set up listing of a program or software is to make the most of this system’s desktop shortcut. This technique will solely work when you’ve got an current shortcut to this system in your desktop.
To search out the set up folder of a program utilizing a desktop shortcut:
- Out of your desktop, right-click on this system’s shortcut.
- Click on on the Properties, and the Properties window ought to now be displayed.
- Click on on the Shortcut tab, and you’ll find the set up path within the Goal area.
3. Find the Folder The place a Program Is Put in Utilizing Job Supervisor
The Home windows Job Supervisor is a robust system monitor utility instrument that permits you to handle working processes in your system. Aside from different standard makes use of of the Job Supervisor, you too can use it to search out the set up folder of a program (you may have to launch this system beforehand).
Right here’s how you’ll find the set up folder of a program utilizing the Job Supervisor:
- Launch the Job Supervisor by right-clicking the Begin menu and choosing Job Supervisor from the context menu.
- As soon as the Job Supervisor is up and working, click on on the Particulars tab to get an inventory of all at the moment working background processes and functions.
- After finding this system you want, right-click after which click on on Open file location.
- A brand new File Explorer window will open up, and you should have discovered this system’s set up listing.
4. Entry the Set up Folder of a Program Utilizing File Explorer
If for some purpose, you wish to take a extra grueling strategy to search out the set up folder of a program, you are able to do so by looking the principle set up listing in your system.
It is very important notice that you simply won’t discover it in the principle set up listing when you had beforehand chosen a unique set up listing whereas putting in this system.
To search out the place a program is positioned utilizing the File Explorer:
- Open the File Explorer utilizing the icon on the Begin menu or by urgent Win + E.
- Navigate to This PC and click on on the drive the place Home windows is put in (sometimes the C Drive).
- Navigate to Program Recordsdata > Program Recordsdata (x86) after which scroll the checklist of folders till you discover one with this system identify you’re in search of.
Discovering a Program Set up Location Made Straightforward
Realizing the place a program is put in in your system can come in useful when you might want to entry its folder. Fortunately, there are a number of methods to search out the set up listing of a program.
If you happen to’re massive on file and folder administration, why not get an alternate for File Explorer? There are some wonderful candidates on the market, and a few of them are even open supply.
If File Explorer does not do it for you, Recordsdata positively will. This is the right way to get began with it.
About The Writer