If you see the value of simple shortcuts that can impressively decrease the total time you spend on a task, many people probably call you smart. And with good reason: using tech the right way can make your life much easier than would otherwise be the case.
In this article, we’ll discuss the top ten tech life hacks that can make your life easier and help you finish tasks faster and efficiently.
1. Create Wi-Fi Codes for Guests
If you’re fed up with changing your Wi-Fi password each time you disclose it to a guest, it’s time you do it the smart way.
Qifi.org allows you to generate a QR code to access your Wi-Fi without having to put in the password. All you have to do is enter the name of your network and password.
Once you get the QR code, you can simply print it out and give it to people to scan if they want to access your Wi-Fi.
2. Proofread Long Essays With Google Translate
If you’re a student or a content writer and can’t find anyone to proofread your work, Google is your friend. When you’ve spent a long time writing, catching errors in your work can be difficult. Luckily, you can use your ears instead of your eyes.
All you have to do is copy and paste your content into the Google Translate and click on the Listen icon. It’ll narrate the entire text to you.
3. Stop Buying eBooks; Borrow Instead
The best thing about eBooks is that you can never forget to pack them. They’re always available on your devices.
However, if keeping an eBook collection on your device is the last thing on your mind, consider borrowing them to read instead of buying. The platform OverDrive helps you find your local library to borrow the books you want.
Apart from that, they also have special apps like Sora for students and Libby for everyone. If you need to borrow any specific book for a project or just a one-time read, you can download these apps on your mobile devices and begin.
Plus, since it’s an online platform, all of your books get automatically returned on the due date. That way, you never have to worry about the late fee. Although, you can always renew it if you’re not finished yet.
4. Save Time by Speaking Instead of Writing
If you’re short on time or finding it difficult to type due to an injury, just use the voice typing feature. It’s available on both Microsoft Word and Google Docs.
To enable this facet in Word, just select the dictation option from the Home menu or press Windows key + H to see the dictation toolbar.
From there, you can click on the mic and start dictating the text. To enter any punctuation, say it explicitly.
The same works for Google Docs. Go to the Tools menu and select the voice typing option.Once you’ve done that, just click on the mic, and you’re good to go.
You might want to rethink throwing away your old phone or selling it for a small price because you no longer use it. Believe it or not, there are a couple of things you can create with it. For example:
- Convert your old phone into a TV remote by downloading the Universal TV Remote Control app.
- Use it as an alarm clock and keep your primary phone away from yourself in the morning. It’ll help you wake up on time and avoid checking your phone the first thing in the morning.
- Transform it into a home security camera by installing the app Alfred CCTV Camera for Home. However, make sure you put the phone in a place where you can keep it plugged in all the time.
- Turn it into a dashcam. All you have to do is download the Droid Dashcam app, activate it, buy a mount, attach your phone to the dashboard with the mount, plug it up with a power supply, and you’re good to go.
6. Refine Google Search
If you’re researching and want to filter out some of your web results, just use a minus sign. It will go right in front of the word you want to subtract from the search results.
For example, when you search for the term Time Management, you get these results—Wikipedia at the top.
However, when you search for Time Management–Wikipedia, you get totally different results.
7. Find a Song by Humming
Have you ever been in a crazy situation where a song is stuck in your head, but you just can’t find out what that song is? Well, that frustration ends today for good. Midomi is a platform that allows you to hum a song and find out the title of the track.
All you have to do is go to the site, click on the button to identify a song, and start humming. When you’re done, hit the same button to stop listening and start searching. It’ll show you all the matches it finds instantly.
8. Try These Six Keyboard Shortcuts To Save Time
Want to save some time? Learn these keyboard shortcuts for your computer.
- Win + D: It helps you hide or show the desktop at once despite how many tabs and windows are opened on your desktop.
- Spacebar: It allows you to scroll down the page.
- Shift + Spacebar: It allows you to scroll up the page.
- Win + Left/Right Arrow: If you have multiple windows opened, this shortcut allows you to select and work on two of them side by side.
- Alt + Tab: This shortcut allows you to switch between multiple windows quickly.
- Win + L: If you’re working on something confidential and someone comes over, just use this shortcut. It locks your computer in a second.
9. Determine Book Reading Time Before Picking Up Your New Read
If you love reading, you’re going to enjoy this hack. The platform, How Long to Read, allows you to find out the exact time you’ll take to finish a book from cover to cover.
To get started, just search your book’s name; it’ll come up with all the books available with that name. Select the one you’re going to read. Then read the passage it gives you. Don’t forget to hit the timer button when you start and finish reading.
When you’re done, it’ll calculate your reading speed and tell you how many hours you’ll take to finish the particular book you’ve selected.
10. Use a New Tab for Your Timer
Whenever you use a timer, you must have noticed that you have to regularly check the time left by switching between the windows. But what if you could see the countdown right in front of you?
The app e.gg.timer shows the timer countdown on the tab. So that, even if you’re on a different site, you can see how much time is left.
Tech Life Hacks Can Make Your Life Easier
The number of life hacks you can use your technology for is never-ending. But to begin with, you can use those that we discussed today.
Some things will definitely pick up speed in your work, and other things will surely become easier for you. Give yourself time to get used to these life hacks and you’ll simplify everything in little time.
Google Chrome is a great browser packed with productive features. Let’s see how this applies to Chrome’s tabs and bookmarks.
About The Author