The biggest, and most important part of the Apple Watch is the screen.
While Apple has designed the screen to resist everyday wear and tear, that doesn’t mean you won’t get an occasional scratch or worse when out and about.
The best Apple Watch screen protectors can provide another level of protection for the screen and help protect the expensive device.
Here are the best Apple Watch screen protectors available today.
The Whitestone Dome Glass for Apple Watch Series 7 45mm provides protection for your entire device. The screen protector evenly disperses over the entire screen, including any existing scratches and scuffs. Made with glass, the protector is anti-shatter and scratch-proof.
For a perfect installation without errors or bubbles, Whitestone provides a special kit that includes a frame and UV curing light. As a nice touch, two protectors are included, so you can cover two watches or have an extra. Each protector also sports an oleophobic coating to fend off oil and dirt from your fingers. And beyond the screen, the included aluminum case will protect the Apple Watch case.
While it’s more expensive than many other options, the installation kit, case protector, and additional screen protector make the entire package a nice choice.
- Screen protector for the 45mm Apple Watch Series 7
- Installation kit provided to prevent air bubbles and errors
- Glass protector is anti-shatter and scratch-proof
- Brand: Whitestone
- Compatibility: Apple Watch Series 7 45mm
- Protective case included for Apple Watch body
- Two screen protectors included
- Oleophobic coating
- Expensive compared to other options
Whitestone Dome Glass for Apple Watch Series 7 45mm
There’s no need to worry about a perfect installation with the Spigen Ultra Hybrid for Apple Watch Series 6/SE/5/4 44mm. The solution combines both a screen protector and a full-body case for the Apple Watch. Just slip it over the watch to install. The bumper around the case is shock absorbent and provides access to all the buttons and features on the watch.
The bumper also features raised bezels that provide even more protection for the watch’s screen than the screen protector. Along with a completely clear version, buyers can also select from an option that offers a frosted case cover.
The Spigen Ultra Hybrid provides the best of both worlds for Apple Watch users with easy-to-install protection for both the screen and case.
- Screen protector and case combination for the 44mm Apple Watch Series 6/SE/5/4
- Raised bezels provide additional screen protection
- Provides access to all watch features and buttons
- Brand: Spigen
- Compatibility: Apple Watch Series 6/SE/5/4 44mm
- Two color options
- Hybrid design is easy to install
- Protects all exposed parts of the Apple Watch case
- Not a good choice for anyone just looking for a screen protector
Spigen Ultra Hybrid for Apple Watch Series 6/SE/5/4 44mm
The JZK Hard Case with Glass Screen Protector for Apple Watch Series 7 45mm provides a perfect way to change the look of your device. Ten screen protector/case combinations are included in a wide variety of colors—everything from leopard to black.
The 2-in-1 design makes installation easy without having to worry about bubbles or the correct placement of the screen protector. And as a nice touch, you don’t need to take the case off to charge the watch or switch Apple Watch bands.
Each screen protector is made with tempered glass for maximum protection. The case is slim and is made with a glossy material. Providing great value with 10 cases included, JZK’s solution is a durable and high-quality way to protect your entire Apple Watch.
- Screen protector/case for the 45mm Apple Watch Series 7
- Tempered glass screen protector
- All features and buttons are accessible
- Brand: JZK
- Compatibility: Apple Watch Series 7 45mm
- 10 cases/screen protectors included in wide variety of color options
- Don’t need to remove Apple Watch bands when installing the cases
- Integrated case is slim and protective
- Might be too many options for some wearers
JZK Hard Case with Glass Screen Protector for Apple Watch Series 7 45mm
The ArmorSuit MilitaryShield fits both the 41mm Apple Watch Series 7 and 40mm Apple Watch Series 6/SE/5/4 40mm. Six screen protectors are included in a single package to use on multiple Apple Watches or to have as a backup. The protector is made with material that is thin and designed to resist yellowing over time. It also features self-healing technology that’s designed to eliminate minor scratches over time.
ArmorSuit includes everything you need to install the protector including an installation squeegee, spray bottle solution, and microfiber cloth. If you make an error while installing, you can reapply the protector until it’s perfect.
While it does require installation, the ArmorSuit MilitaryShield Screen Protector gives you everything you need for a great fit. And the fact that six protectors are included for a low cost is another big plus.
- Screen protector for Apple Watch Series 7 41mm & Series 6/SE/5/4 40mm
- Self-healing technology works to eliminate minor scratches
- Material reduces fingerprints
- Brand: ArmorSuit
- Compatibility: Apple Watch Series 7 41mm, Series 6/SE/5/4 40mm
- Six screen protectors included
- All installation tools included
- Protector can also be re-applied in event of a mistake
- Prone to peeling after a couple of months
ArmorSuit MilitaryShield Screen Protector for Apple Watch Series 7 41mm and Series 6/SE/5/4 40mm
Another great screen protector/case combo is the Smiling Case for Apple Watch Series 6/SE/5/4 44mm. The screen protector is made with tempered glass and is designed to resist scratches. You also won’t have to worry about any bubbles appearing between the protector and the screen itself.
One big advantage of Smiling’s option is that it’s completely waterproof, so you won’t have to concern yourself with fog appearing under the protector after swimming or any other water activity. The case is made with strong materials that resist scratching. You can also take the case off easily without needing to remove your Apple Watch straps.
As long as you are happy with the available black color, the Smiling Case is a nice screen protector and case combination, especially if you’re often around or in the water.
- Screen protector/case for Apple Watch Series 6/SE/5/4 44mm
- Completely waterproof to protect screen fogging
- Screen protector is made with tempered glass
- Brand: Smiling
- Compatibility: Apple Watch Series 6/SE/Series 5/Series 4 44mm
- Provides full Apple Watch protection
- All buttons and features are available
- Case is made to resist scratches
Smiling Case for Apple Watch Series 6/SE/5/4 44mm
The Tourist Tempered Glass Screen Protector for the Apple Watch Series 3/2/1 38mm is a great Apple Watch screen protector that won’t break the bank. The tempered glass screen protector is designed to resist scratches while still providing great screen clarity. The protector also features an oleophobic coating to fend off fingerprint oil and residue.
Installation is quick and easy without needing to worry about any bubbles. Tourist includes three screen protectors in a single package for multiple Apple Watches or for a backup.
For an inexpensive and easy way to protect your older model Apple Watch, the Tourist screen protector is a nice choice that’s simple to install.
- Screen protector for the Apple Watch Series 3/2/1 38mm
- Three protectors included
- Oleophobic coating
- Brand: Tourist
- Compatibility: Apple Watch Series 3/2/1 38mm
- Glass protector resist scratches
- Bubble-free installation
- Wet wipes included to help clean the Apple Watch before installation
- Only covers flat area of the screen
Tourist Tempered Glass Screen Protector for Apple Watch Series 3/2/1 38mm
There’s no need to worry about installation with the SNSIR Liquid Tempered Glass Screen Protector for Apple Watch Series 3/2/1 42mm since it is incredibly straightforward. The tempered glass screen protector features a small border around the outside of the protector that provides full-screen coverage and makes alignment simple.
Along with helping to fend off scratches, the protector offers an oleophobic coating to protect against fingerprints and make it easy to clean. SNSIR includes two screen protectors, so even if the protector, in the unlikely event peels off, you have a spare as a backup.
The SNSIR screen protector is easy on the wallet and easy to install. That’s a winning combination.
- Screen protector for the Apple Watch Series 3/2/1 42mm
- Oleophobic coating protects against fingerprints
- Tempered glass protector protects against scratches
- Brand: SNSIR
- Compatibility: Apple Watch Series 3/2/1 42mm
- Provides full coverage of the Apple Watch screen
- Easy to install
- Two protectors included
- Might not work with an Apple Watch case
SNSIR Liquid Tempered Glass Screen Protector Apple Watch Series 3/2/1 42mm
Q: Does My Apple Watch Need a Screen Protector?
It depends on your daily lifestyle, and what kind of Apple Watch you own, if you’re interested in a screen protector. The Apple Watch models with Ion-X Glass are more prone to scratches and dings with normal use. The more expensive models with a sapphire coating are more robust and usually don’t need a screen protector.
Also, consider your day-to-day routine when deciding on a screen protector. If you have an active outdoor lifestyle, a screen protector can truly help protect your Apple Watch. But if you spend most of the day inside behind a desk, you might not need the extra protection.
Q: What Size of Screen Protector Do I Need for My Apple Watch?
Unlike an Apple Watch band that can work with multiple sizes of the device, the situation is more specific with a screen protector. You need to find a protector that is the exact size of your screen. Apple Watch models have been offered in the following screen sizes—38mm, 40mm, 41mm, 42mm, 44mm, 45mm.
Make sure the protector matches the size of your screen. A quick way to determine the screen size is to look on the back of your watch in the text around the charger glass.
Q: Is It Hard to Install an Apple Watch Screen Protector?
It’s not difficult to install an Apple Watch screen protector. You just need to be prepared. Make sure to wash your hands, work in a clean area, and follow all the directions provided by the screen protector manufacturer. As long as you do that, you should have the extra protection installed on the screen in just a few minutes.
We hope you like the items we recommend and discuss! MUO has affiliate
and sponsored partnerships, so we receive a share of the revenue from some of your purchases. This
won’t affect the price you pay and helps us offer the best product recommendations.
About The Author