Do you’ve got an MKV video you could’t play in your iPhone or iPad? Right here’s a easy workaround you should use.
You simply downloaded a video from the net and observed that it’s an MKV file, however your iPhone or iPad’s built-in apps solely help video codecs like MP4 and MOV. Fortunately, there’s a workaround. Let’s take a look at methods to play MKV movies in your iPhone or iPad.
Play MKV Movies Utilizing VLC for Cellular
VLC is a free media participant obtainable on computer systems, and its cellular app is known as VLC for Cellular. The cellular app can be free and you’ll obtain it from the App Retailer. The VLC app helps many file codecs, together with MKV. Due to this fact, you may watch your video anytime, wherever, with out the fuss of changing file varieties utilizing extra software program.
Obtain: VLC for Mobile (Free)
How you can Play MKV Movies Downloaded on Your iPhone or iPad
Whenever you obtain a video in your iPhone or iPad, it saves to the Downloads folder within the Recordsdata app. Sadly, if you faucet on an MKV video, you’ll solely see a clean web page displaying the video title and file measurement.
So, after downloading the VLC app, observe these steps to get pleasure from your MKV video in your iPhone or iPad:
- Open the Recordsdata app. Faucet in your MKV video.
- Faucet the Share icon.
- Choose the VLC app.
- Your MKV video will begin enjoying within the VLC app.
In the event you downloaded a video in your pc however want to watch it in your iPhone or iPad, the quickest approach is to share the video instantly is with the VLC app through Wi-Fi. Right here’s how:
- Join each your iPhone (or iPad) and your pc to the identical Wi-Fi community.
- Within the VLC app in your iPhone or iPad, choose the Community tab.
- Activate Sharing through Wi-Fi. This generates a novel URL.
- In your pc’s internet browser, sort this URL within the search bar and press Enter.
- On the ensuing webpage, click on the Add (+) icon so as to add the video file.
- As soon as the loading bar hits 100%, the video is efficiently added to your VLC playlist.
- In your iPhone or iPad, go to the Video tab. Now you can watch your video in your cellular system.
Get pleasure from Your MKV Video on Your iPhone or iPad
Though Apple’s default apps don’t help MKV video information, you may nonetheless watch your video in your iPhone and iPad utilizing VLC for Cellular. However if you obtain movies from the net, watch out to just remember to’re not violating copyright legal guidelines!
Is it authorized to obtain YouTube movies? A lot of individuals do it, however does that imply it is OK? This is what it’s essential to know.
About The Writer