Missed a calendar notification? You may make them ring longer and louder with these simple to comply with trick.
One of the notorious pitfalls of Google’s Calendar App is its quite lackluster strategy to occasion notifications. This might be very irritating in case you depend on the app that will help you hold observe of upcoming occasions.
Sometimes, all you get is a number of seconds of sound notification, which could be very simple to overlook. If a crucial appointment is pegged to that notification, the possibilities of lacking it turn out to be very excessive. Luckily, there is a third-party workaround to make Google Calendar occasion notifications ring out louder and longer.
A Workaround Utilizing MacroDroid
Android automation apps have turn out to be highly regarded, and rightly so. They’re extremely helpful, pack numerous options, and automate a variety of in any other case difficult capabilities. Automation instruments can considerably enhance your productiveness throughout a variety of duties.
MacroDroid, a free automation device, is without doubt one of the hottest apps for automating difficult duties on Android. You need to use it for a complete host of issues, like mechanically toggling silent mode in your cellphone.
You may also use it to bind sure actions to your Calendar app to make sure you do not miss that necessary appointment since you missed your Calendar’s few seconds beeps.
Obtain: MacroDroid (Free, in-app purchases out there)
Make Google Calendar Occasion Notification Ring Out Longer Utilizing MacroDroid
To get began, comply with the steps beneath:
- Launch your MacroDroid app and click on on Add Macro.
- Kind your most well-liked macro title on the enter field offered on the subsequent display screen. For instance, you need to use a reputation like “Make Calendar Ring Louder” or some other variation.
- Faucet on the Save icon simply subsequent to the title enter field, and one other textual content space will seem beneath it. Kind any description that matches what you need to obtain with the macro (macro names and descriptions are fully at your discretion).
Add a Set off
- On the identical display screen, find the panel labeled Triggers and click on on the plus icon on high of it.
- On the subsequent display screen, scroll down and faucet on Gadget Occasions > Notification > Notification Acquired > OK > Choose Utility(s)
- A listing of your apps ought to come up, scroll down and find on the default Calendar app, tick the checkbox beside it and faucet OK > OK so as to add a set off.
Set an Motion
After including a set off, you need to be introduced again to the Add Macro house display screen.
- Find the panel labeled Motion and click on on the plus icon on high of it.
- On the subsequent display screen, find and faucet on Quantity > Quantity Change.
- You may now discover a number of sliders. Tick the checkboxes beside the Media/Music, Notification, and Ringer sliders.
- Drag the sliders to 100% and faucet OK within the backside proper nook of the display screen.
You may be returned to the Add Macro house display screen once more. Faucet on the plus icon on the highest of the Motion panel after which Media > Play Sound > Select File > OK. A file enter immediate ought to come up; choose the media file you need to use because the notification tone to proceed.
Cease the Notification Sound
If you happen to’ve reached this level, the majority of the job is finished. Nonetheless, there’s one final spherical of steps to comply with. The steps above create a set off listener that listens for a notification out of your Calendar app and performs a particular notification tone when the notification occurs.
The final spherical of steps is for including a macro to show off the sound notification, very like dismissing an alarm. On this case, the sound will cease once you flip off your display screen. To do that:
- In your MacroDroid house display screen, faucet Add Macro.
- Kind an appropriate macro title and outline earlier than tapping the save icon.
- Faucet the plus icon on high of the Triggers panel.
- On the Add Set off display screen, find and faucet on Gadget Occasions > Display On/Off > Display Off > OK.
- You may be returned to the Add Macro house display screen. Go to Media > Play/Cease Sound > [Stop Existing Sound] and save your macro as soon as once more.
That is it. Keep in mind to grant all crucial permissions to the app to make sure it really works correctly. The following time a Calendar app occasion notification is available in, your cellphone will ring out loud for a very long time till you press your energy button to show off your display screen.
MacroDroid Can Do A lot Extra
Aside from turning off your display screen to cease the sound alert, you may select which motion dismisses the ringings by choosing a special motion whereas creating the second Macro. You might select to dismiss the customized alert by turning on airplane mode, altering display screen orientation, and even shaking your gadget.
If MacroDroid appears a bit overwhelming for you, you may check out Calendly—a scheduling app that makes use of a number of channels to make sure you do not miss occasion notifications.
Scheduling a gathering prematurely can prevent numerous effort and time. Here is how Calendly might help you with that.
About The Writer