The Home windows system repeatedly updates to repair bugs or tackle any issues and dangers that the earlier variations could have. So, there’s no shock that you just’ll get completely different errors when utilizing it sometimes. These points could come from the system itself or are brought on by third-party apps put in in your system. Most of them could be mounted in a couple of steps, whereas some require knowledgeable.
Certainly one of these issues chances are you’ll encounter is the SearchProtocolHost.exe Utility Error. Should you’re experiencing this concern, this information will present a number of options you are able to do to repair the issue.
What Is the SearchProtocolHost.exe Error?
The SearchProtocolHost.exe course of is part of the Home windows Indexing Service that indexes completely different information in your system, so you’ll be able to effortlessly search them when you might want to. This can be a important technique of your system and shouldn’t be deleted or disabled while you see it working in your system.
Nonetheless, this course of generally runs into an error. This concern is often brought on by an contaminated, corrupt, or lacking executable file, which generally occurs while you boot your laptop. Listed below are different causes of this error:
- The SearchProtocolHost.exe registry keys are invalid or corrupted.
- Malware an infection corrupted the SearchProtocolHost.exe file.
- A software program unrelated to your Home windows system mistakenly or maliciously deleted the SearchProtocolHost.exe file.
- A 3rd-party program conflicts together with your Home windows system and a few of its information.
- The SearchProtocolHost.exe is corrupted from an incomplete obtain or set up.
The way to Repair SearchProtocolHost.exe Errors on Your Home windows Pc
The SearchProtocolHost.exe errors come in several kinds. The most typical error you’ll obtain when this course of is damaged or corrupted is “SearchProtocolHost.exe – Utility Error. The exception unknown software program exception (0x0241938e) occurred within the software at location 0x000000006931759E.”
Nonetheless, you may as well obtain different error messages for a similar concern, resembling:
- SearchProtocolHost.exe doesn’t have a sound signature
- SearchProtocolHost.exe stopped working
- Microsoft Home windows Search Protocol Host has stopped working
- Outlook: SearchProtocolHost.exe stopped working
- The instruction at 0x00f01e40 referenced reminiscence at 0x00f01e40. The reminiscence couldn’t be written.
Should you’ve encountered any of the error messages above, observe the steps under to repair the problem in your Home windows PC.
1. Run an Antivirus Scan
In some instances, you may even see a number of SearchProtocolHost processes working in your Process Supervisor. This often signifies that your laptop is contaminated with a virus or malware, and it’s a must to clear your laptop instantly. Some viruses disguise themselves as authentic processes or, even worse, substitute them.
You possibly can repair this drawback by working a full system antivirus scan utilizing Home windows Defender or any third-party antivirus software program you probably have one. If the case is extreme, you might want to carry out a Home windows Defender Offline Scan while you boot your laptop. In case your system fails in addition, you may as well use a bootable Antivirus Rescue media.
After scanning and cleansing your contaminated system, test if the error persists. If it does, observe the next troubleshooting steps.
2. Restore Information By means of an SFC Scan
If a damaged file causes the SearchProtocolHost.exe error, working a System File Checker (SFC) scan often fixes the issue. This built-in Home windows troubleshooting program seems for any corrupted information in your system and fixes them for you. Right here’s how one can run an SFC scan:
- Open Command Immediate as admin through the use of Home windows search. Press and maintain Home windows + S keys and sort CMD. Subsequent, right-click on the Command Immediate end result and click on Run as administrator.
On the Command Immediate, sort sfc /scannow and press Enter. This can run the scan.
As soon as the scan is accomplished, restart your laptop computer and test whether or not you are still getting an error in your system.
Word: Don’t panic if the scan is taking some time. The scan time depends upon the variety of information in your laptop. So, you probably have quite a lot of information, it might take longer than common.
3. Allow Home windows Search Service
Typically, the Home windows Search service is turned off, which causes the SearchProtocolHost.exe to run into some errors. If that is your case, enabling the service can do the trick. Comply with the steps under to test and activate the Home windows Search service:
- Open Run by urgent and holding Home windows + R keys. Then sort companies.msc and press Enter. This can open the Companies window.
On the Companies window, search for the Home windows Search service.
- As soon as positioned, right-click the service and press Begin or Restart, relying on which possibility is obtainable.
Then, double-click the entry to open its properties.
- Underneath the Basic tab, click on the drop-down field beside the Startup sort possibility and choose Computerized (Delayed Begin). Subsequent, test the Service standing and ensure it’s working. Then, click on Apply and OK to avoid wasting adjustments.
Shut the Companies window and restart your laptop. Test if this fixes the problem.
3. Uninstall Current Home windows Replace
Some customers reported receiving this error after putting in a current Home windows replace. When you have lately put in a brand new replace, this is perhaps the trigger. Uninstalling it could possibly do the trick. Right here’s how:
- Press and maintain Home windows + I keys to open Settings.
- Then, click on Replace and safety > Home windows updates.
- On Home windows updates, click on View replace historical past
Then, click on Uninstall updates.
Lastly, test if it solves the problem.
4. Reinstall Microsoft Workplace
Should you’re experiencing the SearchProtocolHost.exe error in your Microsoft Workplace app, eradicating it out of your system and putting in it once more usually fixes the problem. Comply with the steps under:
- Open Run by urgent Win + R. Then sort appwiz.cpl and press Enter.
Search for Microsoft Workplace from the record, right-click on it and choose Uninstall.
Comply with the on-screen uninstallation course of.
- As soon as it’s fully uninstalled, go to the official Microsoft Office website and obtain it once more.
- Set up the app, and test if the problem persists.
No Have to Panic About SearchProtocolHost.exe Errors
The SearchProtocolHost.exe is a authentic and secure course of in your Home windows system. There are different processes in your system that you could be encounter. Should you see an unfamiliar course of in your Process Supervisor, don’t panic. Ending it instantly could do extra hurt than good. As a substitute, do your analysis and test if it’s a authentic course of. Should you discover out that it isn’t, it’s finest to take away it and repair your system instantly.
Right here’s how one can inform whether or not or not the Win32:Bogent risk alert is real or a false-positive.
About The Creator