The backgroundtaskhost.exe is a real course of and is a part of the Microsoft Home windows working system. Nevertheless, when working in your pc or launching an utility, chances are you’ll encounter the BackgroundTaskHost.exe error.
This can be a system error, and the error message may be completely different relying on the consumer. As such, it makes it arduous to pinpoint the reason for the error. Right here we present you just a few troubleshooting steps that can assist you repair this error in Home windows 11.
What Causes the BackgroundTaskHost.exe Error?
When this error pop-up, you might be prone to see one of many following error messages:
- backgroundTaskHost.exe – System Failure
- backgroundTaskHost.exe – Software Error
These errors can happen attributable to incorrect registry modifications, third-party app battle, and system file corruption. Sadly, there is no such thing as a go-to answer to repair this drawback.
We have now listed just a few system troubleshooting steps that can assist you resolve this error in your Home windows 11 pc.
1. Carry out a Clear Boot
In Clear Boot mode, Home windows begins with a minimal set of drivers and startup packages to find out if a third-party app battle is triggering the backgroundTaskHost.exe error in Home windows 11.
You’ll be able to clear boot Home windows 11 from System Configuration. After the restart, Home windows will launch within the Clear Boot atmosphere. Proceed to make use of the system and test if the error happens. If sure, proceed with the following troubleshooting methodology.
If not, test your system for the lately put in apps. To do that, go to Settings > Apps > Apps & options. Click on the Kind by drop-down and choose Set up date. Uninstall essentially the most lately put in apps, comparable to Dell Assistant, that will trigger this concern and restart your PC.
Moreover, test the replace historical past in Home windows 11 to your pc. Dangerous Home windows updates can usually trigger the system to malfunction. Should you decide an replace to have brought on the issue, you may uninstall Home windows updates to repair the error.
The System File Checker device is a built-in Command Immediate utility. It helps you to scan Home windows for system file corruption and exchange it with new recordsdata saved in your system.
Deployment Picture Servicing and Administration (DISM) is one other command-line utility you could run to restore a Home windows Picture. Right here’s how one can use these instruments to repair the backgroundTaskHost.exe – system failure error in Home windows 11.
- Press the Win key, and kind cmd. Then, right-click on Command Immediate and choose Run as Administrator. Click on Sure if prompted by UAC.
- Notice that the DISM /On-line command requires an Web connection to fetch recordsdata from the Home windows replace servers. Ensure you are linked to the Web, after which run the command under.
- Within the Command Immediate window, sort the next command and press enter to run the DISM device:
DISM.exe /On-line /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
- The DISM device will use the Home windows Replace to offer the recordsdata required to repair points along with your system recordsdata. The Restore Well being course of might take a while and even seem caught. So, wait until the method is full. As soon as carried out, observe the following step.
- Within the Command Immediate window, sort the next command and press Enter to run the System File Checker device:
- The System File Checker device will scan the protected system recordsdata for integrity violation and exchange corrupted recordsdata from a backup copy saved in your boot drive.
- Wait until the verification is 100% full. As soon as the scan is full, shut Command Immediate and restart your PC.
3. Carry out a System Restore
Home windows 11, like its predecessor, creates a brand new restore level everytime you make a major change to your system. Restore level helps you to undo the latest modifications and restore your PC to an earlier cut-off date when it was working with out the error.
It is a superb restoration choice if you run into errors after making system modifications that will have broken the system recordsdata.
Notice that restore level will not be enabled by default on all methods. Due to this fact, if you have not enabled it manually, the possibilities of you having a restore level are minimal.
- Press the Win key, sort system restore in Home windows search and click on on Create a Restore Level.
- Within the System Properties window, click on the System Restore button.
- If a Really helpful Restore level is accessible, choose it and click on Subsequent. If not, choose Select a unique restore level and click on Subsequent.
- System Restore will present all of the accessible restore factors. Choose the latest one and click on Subsequent.
- Click on on Scan for affected packages to view the packages and drivers that may be eliminated and restored in the course of the course of.
- Learn the outline that exhibits to what state it should restore your pc. Click on End to start the system restore course of.
This course of will take a while, so wait until it’s full. Your PC will restart after the method is full.
As soon as carried out, you may be greeted with a hit message confirming the system restore was profitable. If the error persists, strive different restore factors accessible to repair the issue.
4. Carry out an In-place Restore Improve
Vital system errors usually require a clear set up to repair the issue. Nevertheless, performing a recent set up is cumbersome as it should delete all of your recordsdata and apps and pressure you to start out from scratch.
That is the place the Home windows restore set up turns out to be useful. You’ll be able to carry out an in-place restore improve to reinstall Home windows 11 with out deleting apps. Comply with the hyperlink for an in depth step-by-step information.
This can be a helpful answer to repair many essential Home windows issues that require a reinstall.
5. Reset Your Home windows 11 Laptop
If the restore reinstall did not work, you may reset your Home windows 11 pc to its manufacturing facility default settings to repair the error.
Reset this PC is a restoration choice accessible in Home windows OS. It means that you can reset your PC to manufacturing facility default by deleting the third-party apps with out affecting your private recordsdata and folders.
To reset Home windows 11:
- Press Win + I to open Settings.
- Within the System tab, click on on the Restoration choice (proper pane).
- Click on the Reset PC button for Reset this PC.
- Choose Preserve my recordsdata if you wish to take away apps and settings, however hold your private recordsdata. Else choose Take away every thing.
- Subsequent, choose Native reinstall. This can reinstall Home windows from this system. If Native reinstall fails to repair the error, you may strive once more with the Cloud obtain choice.
- Verify the choice and click on on Reset.
- Home windows will begin the Reset course of. Your PC might restart just a few occasions in the course of the course of, so go away it idle. After the remainder, you may arrange your Home windows 11 PC with a neighborhood consumer account or Microsoft Account.
Fixing the BackgroundTaskHost.exe Error in Home windows 11
You’ll be able to repair the BackgroundTaskHost.exe error in Home windows 11 by uninstalling the incompatible third-party apps. For added diagnostics, carry out a system restore or restore reinstall Home windows 11.
Simply getting began with Home windows 11? Take our crash course on all of the cool issues you are able to do with Microsoft’s new working system.
About The Writer