Instagram is fairly limited when it comes to fonts. For instance, there is no official setting that lets you change your Instagram’s bio font or even the fonts of your comments. But that doesn’t mean that you can’t change fonts at all.
In this article, we’ll show you different ways to change fonts in your Instagram Stories, bio, comments, and even captions.
How to Change Fonts in Your Text-Based Instagram Stories
One of the easiest things to customize on Instagram is the fonts in your text-based Stories. What makes this easy is that Instagram allows you to choose between a range of fonts by default. There’s a total of nine fonts at the time of writing. Here’s how to change the font of your text-based Instagram Story:
- Tap Your Story in the upper left of your Instagram feed.
- Grant Instagram necessary permission if you haven’t already.
- Select Camera and tap the Aa button on the left. This will open a blank page for creating a text-only Story.
- Tap anywhere on the blank page to type. Once you’re done, swipe the Aa button to view your text in other font types.
- Once you’re satisfied with a font, simply tap Next in the top right and select Send to to post your Story.
How to Get New Fonts on Instagram
As mentioned above, you only get access to nine fonts by default. Thanks to enterprising people on the internet, though, you can use fonts that Instagram doesn’t support officially. You can do this using Instagram font generator sites. Good examples include Cool Fonts, IGFonts.io, and FontsForInstagram.com.
Using such sites is easy. You just need to copy text from them, and it will retain its font style when you paste it into Instagram. This method gives you access to over 100 fonts, which dwarfs the nine Instagram offers by default.
Read on for step-by-step instructions on using font generator sites to change the fonts of your Instagram text.
How to Change Instagram Fonts Using Font Generator Sites
There are many font generator sites, but they all work on a basic principle. You enter the text and copy it to wherever you want. We’ll use CoolFont in this tutorial.
- Go to Cool Fonts.
- Enter your text in the input bar. This could be a comment, caption, or bio you’d like to post on Instagram.
- CoolFont will then display your text in a range of font styles. Scroll down to view more options.
- Once you’ve found a font you like, tap the Copy button. Or you can select the text manually by tapping on it and then select Copy from the popup on both Android and iOS. This will copy your text with the new font to your clipboard.
- Open Instagram and go anywhere you can enter text.
- Tap and hold the input bar and select Paste to enter your preformatted text.
Using this method, you’ll be able to change your Instagram bio font, and fonts in comments, Stories, and even captions. While you can pick any font from one of these sites, keep in mind that all fonts are not equal.
Some are great and some will just make your text look funky and hard to read. If you don’t like what’s available, a site like IGFonts.io lets you create your own.
Use Custom Fonts Across Instagram
Instagram is a great social media platform, but, like other platforms, it does have its cons here and there. One of the cons is the limited access to more fonts natively. Thankfully, even without native support, you can change Instagram fonts for any text you enter on the platform. Font generator sites like Cool Fonts and IGFonts.io allow you to change fonts in Stories, comments, your bio, or any other text.
Whether you want to boost your follower count or engage with other profiles, these Instagram websites will help you out.
About The Author