Apple users are often confused by the lack of a native option to record video calls within FaceTime. If this is you, I will show you how to record a FaceTime call on iPhone, iPad, or Mac in just a few steps. You don’t even need to download any third-party screen recorder software. Let’s take a look at the steps for recording a FaceTime conversation!
Record FaceTime calls on iPhone, iPad, and Mac (September 2021).
To record FaceTime calls, you only need a Mac and QuickTime Player. You read that correctly! QuickTime is essential if you need to save FaceTime calls on your iPhone or Mac. QuickTime is preinstalled with macOS, so you don’t need to install it or spend any money. Once you have a basic understanding of the requirements, it is time to walk through the steps for recording a FaceTime conversation.
How to record a FaceTime call on Mac
1. Launch the FaceTime app on Mac. To open the Screenshot toolbar, press Command + Shift + 5. You can also access screen recording options—select Options from the screen capture menu in the toolbar.
2. Next, choose the location you wish to save FaceTime calls recordings. Click “Save to.” Screen recordings are automatically saved to your Mac Desktop.
3. To record FaceTime calls and audio from your Mac, click the Options menu option.
4. To select the area you wish to record, click on either the “Record Entire Screen” (or “Record Selected Portion”) buttons.
5. Now, click on the Record button and start recording your Mac’s screen.
6. You can now start a FaceTime chat, even though the call is being recorded. After you have finished the call, click the “Stop Recording” button in the menu bar.
That’s all! You will now save the FaceTime call recording to the location you choose. You can now view your recorded FaceTime call, save it in the Photos app and share it via AirDrop or iMessage, messaging apps such as WhatsApp, or other media.
How to record a FaceTime call on iPhone or iPad
You can record Facetime calls from your iPhone, but Apple won’t let you record audio. It is for privacy reasons. There is a way around this. It has been known for years. To record FaceTime calls using audio from your iPhone, you can use your Mac. We will show you how it is done right here.
1. Connect your iPhone/ iPad to your Mac with a Lightning/ USBC cable. Launch QuickTime Player on Mac. Next, click on File and select “New Movie Recording.”
2. Click on the arrow next to the QuickTime button.
3. Next, choose your iPhone or iPad from a list of available cameras.
4. Then, unlock your iOS device. Boom! Now you can see the display of your iPhone/iPad in QuickTime Player on Mac.
5. Make sure that QuickTime Player’s volume bar is up. To adjust the volume of audio recorded from your device, drag the slider.
6. Next, open the FaceTime app for your iPhone or iPad and then click the Record button in QuickTime player on your Mac.
7. To record the audio with your Mac, you can start a FaceTime conversation on your iPhone.
8. To end the recording, click on Stop in QuickTime.
9. Next, click the File menu and select Save.
10. To save your recording, click “Save” and choose the location.
FaceTime Video Calls Recorded on iPhone, iPad, or Mac with Ease.
It is all you need to do to record FaceTime calls using audio on your iPhone, iPad, or Mac. The QuickTime Player app makes it much easier than many people believe. Although a native FaceTime call recording feature would be great, this handy workaround is still a good option. This hack will allow you to capture your FaceTime calls and keep them for future reference.
Apple has redesigned FaceTime in iOS 15 (and macOS Monterey). Apple’s video-calling app has been enhanced by the ability to share TV shows and movies with friends via FaceTime and screen sharing. Please leave your feedback below on the FaceTime app’s new design and the fantastic features it offers.