Are you at present seeing a “the system can not discover the trail specified” error in your Home windows laptop? There are numerous different causes you see this message, from easy errors similar to typing a unsuitable path in your Command Immediate or a program set up failure.
Nevertheless, it may additionally imply that there are registry issues in your system, similar to invalid keys or, worse, a virus assault. That’s why in the event you see this error, don’t take it evenly. Listed below are six fixes you are able to do to unravel this downside instantly.
1. Test Your System for Viruses
Virus assaults is probably not the commonest purpose you see the “the system can not discover the trail specified” error. Nevertheless it’s greatest follow to verify your system for viruses earlier than you proceed with different fixes. This ensures that your laptop is protected and free from threats earlier than you start tweaking system settings.
You probably have a third-party antivirus program put in in your laptop, you possibly can run it to verify for threats. Nevertheless, in the event you don’t have one, you should utilize the built-in antivirus program in your program, known as Home windows Defender. Right here’s how:
- Press and maintain Win + I keys to open Settings.
- Then, click on Safety & Replace > Home windows Safety.
- Subsequent, press Virus & menace safety.
- Lastly, click on Fast Scan.
The scan could take some time you probably have numerous recordsdata saved in your laptop. As soon as it is accomplished and no threats are discovered, go to the next fixes. If it discovered some threats, quarantine the recordsdata and verify if it fastened the issue.
2. Confirm the File’s Path
For those who’ve been getting this error message on the Command Immediate, verify whether or not you’re typing the proper path or not. More often than not, this can be a human error the place customers are placing within the unsuitable path or identify on the command line. So, undergo your command once more and make sure that the trail is typed accurately.
For those who’re getting this error when attempting to obtain recordsdata to your system, verify in case your default obtain folder is modified and make sure that the obtain location you will have exists in your system.
3. Delete Any Invalid Paths within the Surroundings Variable
An surroundings variable incorporates information that may have an effect on how working processes will behave in your system. So, in the event you run a program in your laptop from the command line, the PATH surroundings variables play an integral position by saving the listing path that may be searched.
To grasp the way it works, think about a pc with two completely different directories. In case you are attempting to run a program at present in a distinct listing, your system will search the directories recorded within the PATH variable. If this system is obtainable in any directories, your system can run it with out issues.
Nevertheless, in the event you put in an invalid path variable, the method can be disrupted, inflicting the “the system can not discover the trail specified” error. So, the easiest way to repair this downside is to delete the invalid paths from the Surroundings Variable.
Comply with the instruction beneath to take away the paths:
- In your laptop, open File Explorer.
- Then, search for This PC path on the left-side navigation, right-click on it and select Properties.
- Within the new window, click on the Superior system settings hyperlink on the right-side part.
- From the Superior tab on the System Properties window, click on the Surroundings Variables button.
- Underneath the Consumer variables part, verify the Path variable by clicking on it and urgent the Edit button. It will show all of the consumer variables.
- Subsequent, verify if the paths are right and functioning. To do that, simply copy the trail and paste it on the tackle bar of the File Explorer. It will mean you can see if the File Explorer can discover the trail. For those who can’t discover it, the trail is wrong, and you need to Delete or Edit it. Do that on all of the paths supplied on the trail variable. As soon as accomplished, press OK.
- Then, below the System variables part, click on the Path variable and press the Edit button.
- Repeat step six to verify if all of the paths are working.
You’ll be able to all view all the trail variables within the Command Immediate. Simply sort echo %PATH% and press Enter. Nevertheless, it gained’t let you know if the trail is invalid or not.
4. Test Your System’s Registry
You probably have edited the AutoRun keys within the Registry Editor, it could be the explanation why you’re getting a “the system can not discover the trail specified” error. The AutoRun keys operate by performing a command robotically when opened. If the knowledge specified within the keys is unsuitable, errors could happen. Comply with the directions beneath to unravel this difficulty.
- Press and maintain Win + R keys to open Run. Then sort Regedit and press Enter.
- On the Registry Editor, copy this textual content
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESoftwareMicrosoftCommand Processor and paste it on the tackle bar.
- Subsequent, verify if there’s an AutoRun key. If there’s, Delete or Modify the information.
- Lastly, verify in the event you’re nonetheless having the identical difficulty.
5. Run an SFC Scan
If not one of the strategies above work, you possibly can run a System File Checker (SFC) scan to search for corrupted recordsdata in your system and repair them robotically. Right here’s how:
- Press and maintain Win + R keys to open Run. Then sort cmd and press Enter.
- On the Command Immediate, sort sfc /scannow and press Enter.
- If SFC finds errors however can’t restore them, sort this command after exe /On-line /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth and press Enter.
- Then, sort exe /On-line /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth and hit Enter.
- Restart your laptop and see if it fixes the difficulty.
6. Replace Your Copy of Home windows
The very last thing you should do to repair this error is replace your Home windows system. Operating an outdated system may cause varied points to your system, together with the “the system can not discover the trail specified” error. Comply with the steps beneath to improve your Home windows:
- Open the Settings app in your system by urgent and holding Home windows + I keys.
- From Settings, go to Replace & Safety > Home windows Replace.
- Then, click on the Test for Updates button if there are any updates, obtain and set up them.
- Restart your PC and verify in the event you’re nonetheless experiencing the identical error.
An Error-Free Home windows As soon as Extra
More often than not, the “the system can not discover the trail specified” error is commonly brought on by an invalid path or corrupted recordsdata in your system. After doing the fixes talked about above, your system ought to run easily with out errors. For those who’re attempting to run a program and getting this error, discovering the proper set up location of the software program could assist repair the issue.
Have to discover a program’s location in Home windows? Happily, it is very easy to do when you find out how.
About The Creator